Want To Keep Up With Amber, Alex and the whole Sweeney crew as they live life as Newlyweds?

The Check Out:

The Sweeneys

Become a Follower of this blog by clicking over here ---->

Friday, June 20, 2008

Kissing Ball

I dropped into my florist yesterday to double check the color scheme of roses I chose and to change a few things. I'm glad that I did because I had a shade of pink that I really didn't want chosen. I also really wanted to change the Flower Girls flowers from a fairy wand made out of a rose - to a Pompadour or as my florist calls them a "Kissing Ball"

Initially I wanted this, but the florist said "Oh, all the kids do it whack each other with them and roll them like a bowling ball"so I went with option to - a tacky flower wand. Even though the Kissing Ball costs more, she's make more off it - still trying to talk me out of it. WTF!? Why do vendors do this. If you don't like what you sell - stop selling it! Simple as can be....

SO when she fainly finishes round two of the "It will be trashed" speech, she than said "Well you don't want it out of roses do you? That would be really expensive" which is fair enough, but why assume I can't afford it? Sweet lady, people skills lacking a bit.

The rose one is $75! So no, I'm not getting a rose one....I'm getting carnations. But...silly me I ordered it with out seeing one made out of carnations - and the florist didn't have a photo of one. Go figure. So I looked one up when I got home and I think it's going to look great. It's still going to be $45 for it, but at least this way if it does get trashed I wouldn't feel too badly about it.

Here it is - what do you think?? I think in the pink shades I picked, it's going to be great!

2 comments:

Mrs. Olson said...

Kissing Balls are great! My florist didn't have a negative thing to say about them. In fact, BOTH of our flower girls will be carrying them. Yours will be adorable in PINK!! :)

Michelle Bowman said...

You know what- none of my flower girls wacked anyone with their kissing balls... I HAD 3!
My aunt made them with silks way way before the wedding & they were perfect--- they even had cute little butterflies in them.
See here:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3008/2466097803_6a346dc305.jpg
Perfect condition. Still have them. And they look sooo cute on my bathroom doorknobs (double uses!). :)