Want To Keep Up With Amber, Alex and the whole Sweeney crew as they live life as Newlyweds?

The Check Out:

The Sweeneys

Become a Follower of this blog by clicking over here ---->

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Dollar Dancing Like You've Never Seen!

I'm all about mixing things up. I like to personalize things, make it more Mr S and I. So when it came time to pick the music for the dollar dance, my heart sunk when the DJ listed off these old standards that would make my 4 year old fall asleep in an instant!

So what idea has hatched in my ever moving mind? Why, I am glad you asked (mostly because I was going to tell you any way..haha)
We are going to have a 1990's Dollar Dance!

The 90's is when Mr S moved here to the United States from England. 1996 and 1998 are the years he and I graduated from high school, respectively. It makes total sens that we do a strictly 1990's Dollar Dance!

Music from the 90's isn't played a lot on the radio with the exception of Vanilla Ice and a few randoms. It's not stuff people hear everyday, it's going to catch a reaction like "OMG, I haven't heard this in forever...who is this again?"

Maybe it will spark more people to jump up and dance with us, not for the money but because we're not really doing a receiving line and this would be a great way to chat with anyone we missed before hand.

So, lets here your suggestions! I get hundreds of hits on this blog daily so all you lurkers out there! Time to leave notes and messages!

What 1990 slow songs should we use for our dollar dance?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

http://www.asseenontvmusic.com/rt010707.html

http://members.tripod.com/john_larocque/90.html

http://www.vh1.com/shows/dyn/the_greatest/127759/episode.jhtml

I'm not gonna list any I know, because well, I don't know any off hand. So here's some sites that might help you LOL

Jenna said...

Go crazy. This should lead you to every song you ever wanted.

Amber said...

Thank you gals! You're the best! Anyone have any specific favorites!?

Laura@SometimesCrafty said...

What a FUN idea! I wasn't going to do a dollar dance but I may reconsider...and steal, er um, borrow your idea! :-)

Here's some:

I Will Always Love You
From This Moment
End of the Road (almost makes me
cry thinking about it!)
You Were Meant for Me
I Don't Want to Miss a Thing
Truly Madly Deeply
Saved the Best for Last

I could go on...but won't :-)