Want To Keep Up With Amber, Alex and the whole Sweeney crew as they live life as Newlyweds?

The Check Out:

The Sweeneys

Become a Follower of this blog by clicking over here ---->

Friday, June 20, 2008

A Classy Fishing Themed Invite? Yah You Betcha!

OMG, I am so excited! I just finished my good friend Amy's wedding invites and I feel great! First off it was a nice break from the chaos of my own wedding plans, which today just were out of hand. And Second, to know that I was a part of her special day in such a great way, oh I could cry.

So, her lucky hubby-to-be popped the question on a boat while they were fishing, so she knew she wanted fishing incorporated somehow. She provided me with something she found that she wanted, and I tweaked it to what I could do right now, and this is the final product:



My favorite part of this whole thing is the RSVP - the wording on it, suggested in part by FutureMrs on Wedding Bee and the other wonderfully creative Hive over there:

For yes: We Will Be there Hook, Line & Sinker
For no: Sorry, Gone Fishin'

I think this will be the last project I take on before the wedding. At least a full pocket fold invite. Little things I'm ok with - but since I still have to do her programs, and thank you cards...who knows if I'll have any more time.

6 comments:

Mrs. Olson said...

I LOVE THEM!!!!!! THANK YOU! :)

Amber said...

That comment before mine, would be from the owner of the invites :-)

CaliOC said...

Those are great! You are very talented.

Laura@SometimesCrafty said...

These are SO flippin' cute!!

What type of adhesive do you use for pocketfolds? I am thinking of doing a pocketfold type layout for my rehearsal dinner invitations (since I am now almost wishing I had done pocketfolds for the actual invites*) but I can’t seem to find good adhesive, even if it’s layered, that holds up well. I’ve made samples and in a day or two the pieces pop apart. :-)

(*1 year has been too long for this crafty bride to plan. I have changed my mind about soooo many things!) :-)

Unknown said...

hi, love the invites! what font did you use for the large type (and your blog header) - is it the same as the Blueprint magazine font? thanks!

Amber said...

The font is called Feel Script and it's made by Veer (if you google that it will come up.)

Note- it's not a free font, it did cost $100