Want To Keep Up With Amber, Alex and the whole Sweeney crew as they live life as Newlyweds?

The Check Out:

The Sweeneys

Become a Follower of this blog by clicking over here ---->

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Hairy Situations

Yea, lame name - sorry! I couldn't come up with anything else....cut me some slack!

Here's in Inspiration Board for Hair that I came up with. I'm having a hard time figure out what I want, all I know is curls for sure and all up is taking a back seat to half up/half down at the moment.

Personal favs are the top left and right corners....

Now I just have to figure out how the heck I'm going to wear my veil!!! I didn't even stop to think that it's a choice...lol.

3 comments:

Amber said...

My advice, (do what you will with it):
What is the estimated temperature going to be on the big day? If you are worried it will be really hot and you might sweat off all your make up, then you should probably consider an up do.

My hairdresser recently told me that the more loose curl down do doesn't hold all day. However if you have some awesome stiff hairspray it might help.

I decided to wear my hair half up and down, because I think it looks the best that way. Just remember that you will have these photos FOREVER, and you want to be recognizable. For example, if you don't normally wear your hair all the way up, then you might want to stay away from a total up do.

Start looking for dos in magazines where brides have a similar veil. That will be a big factor, and you might find some other great ideas!

Amber said...

Thats why I am worried about up-dos. I don't wear my hair up, unless I'm slacking off in the house and what not...lol. SO while it would look like me, it would be the lazy me...hahaha.

It's been raining that day every year or been at least a bit damp...on my wedding day :-( But what I was hoping to do was get my hair the rest of the way up for the reception, so I can dance and not worry about the sweaty factor from that.

My veil, is pretty standard as well, but I really don't know how to function the thing...lol.

andrea said...

i just stumbled upon your blog the other day (actually it was the one about your daughter! adorable!) but my 2cents on this hair issue -- for my wedding i had my hair just like you are thinking - almost identical actually, and i wore my veil over the 'half up' part (does that make sense?) it looked awesome, and i took it off at the reception. of course i have pictures if you would need a visual - i think there is one somewhere on my blog, probably at the beginning.
also - my hair stayed perfect all day - granted i live in OH, got married in march - so it was only in the 40/50's, but it was kinda rainy.

good luck!!