Want To Keep Up With Amber, Alex and the whole Sweeney crew as they live life as Newlyweds?

The Check Out:

The Sweeneys

Become a Follower of this blog by clicking over here ---->

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The Type 'A' Bride

Wikipidia defines Type A Personality as:

  • People who fall under Type A exhibit characteristics such as being impatient, excessively time-conscious, insecure about one's status, highly competitive, hostile and aggressive, and incapable of relaxation.
That's so not me! Really, I mean it.

You don't believe me do you? Yea, didn't think so. Alright so I'm the epitome of the definition. I pretty much ooze out my sides with these traits. Do I like it? Not really, but I do try very hard to control it.

But whats worse then being a Type A Woman? Being a Type A Bride, of course!

We will drive ourselves into a mental institution over something as simple as a salt shaker. Spend hours staring at 2 pieces of paper trying to pick the perfect shade, when to everyone else on the planet there really is no difference between "Custard" and "Cheesecake".

We will obsess in a highly skilled way over little things like, "What underwear should I wear the day of the wedding?", "Will my dress fit nicely into the limo?", "How much further towards crazed and uncontrollable can I go before Mr S packs up and leaves?".

And we can over analyze so well that we'll start out wondering what salad to serve at the reception and work our way into a fit about how no one will remember out birthdays. Oh, it's possible!

However; on the opposite end of the massively obsessive, Type A's also tend to poses the ability to not care about some things as strongly as as they do care about others.

For instance, yesterday I spoke with my FMIL about wedding music. I about dropped her to her knees when I said I could really care less to hear it before the big day. I knew what it sounded like, all was good in my head. I certainly didn't mean to be rude, but music and flowers were on the far end of what I cared about for the wedding. Just not one of my "things". I think that for having dealt with me being so overly crazed about most features of this wedding, to hear me simply "not care" was rather a big shock.

Being a Type 'A' Bride is exhausting, not just for me but the poor souls who have taken on the task of helping me plan this wedding! And of all those we feel sorry for, the most sympathy must go to Mr S, because after all - he's stuck with this for the rest of his life.

God Help him.

1 comments:

Jenna said...

I added you to my blogroll tonight, let me know if that's not okay!