Want To Keep Up With Amber, Alex and the whole Sweeney crew as they live life as Newlyweds?

The Check Out:

The Sweeneys

Become a Follower of this blog by clicking over here ---->

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Honeymoon Crisis Averted!

Turn off your red flashing lights, shut down the sirens - The Honeymoon crisis has been averted!

In February we booked our honeymoon, and now realize that not only is it too much money, but it's going to cut extremely close to my daughters first day of pre-school. I am one of "those" moms, I need to be present, taking pictures and the whole nine yards.

Luckily, I had booked "magic travel insurance", that covers cancellation for any reason 100%.

Or so I thought.

Upon calling the insurance place we found out we were only covered 50%. Commence nervous break down in 3....2.....1.....

Now, I'm not lazy but I have a life and I trust the people I hire to do their jobs. So, when a veteran travel agent tells me in exact words "You are covered to 100% if you cancel for any reason at all", I'm not going to then sit down and read a huge pamphlet to verify what she is saying to me. I am willing to bet most people are on that same page as me.

I guess, trusting professionals isn't something I should do so often because it was in fact the agent who explained it to me incorrectly and caused the whole issue. But luckily I have the support of their office and as of right now they are feverishly searching for my same honeymoon, in a 7 day trip - not 10 and are going to pull strings so that we don't have to redo the insurance....saving us some $400 in the process.

So as of right now, the crisis has been avoided. I will post any updates as they come my way.

Tip: Read the fine print on everything and trust no one to give you the full story!

0 comments: