Want To Keep Up With Amber, Alex and the whole Sweeney crew as they live life as Newlyweds?

The Check Out:

The Sweeneys

Become a Follower of this blog by clicking over here ---->

Thursday, January 10, 2008

"Pink is my signature color"

I know it may have been hard to decipher my wedding colors based on this blog alone. I mean it's not like it's covering every inch of screen allowed. I would like to tell you that my sick obsession with this pastel hue is reserved only for my computer time, but I would be lying through my teeth.

Since deciding that it's the color of the wedding, I've started to buy everything in pink, if it comes that way. My toothbrush, my cell phone, camera, day planner, wedding planner, file box, pens, bowls EVERYTHING! The saddest part, I don't even know I'm doing it anymore. This house is going to look like a Pepto Bismol factory exploded if it extends to the housewares when we register!

What's more, I never liked the color much before this. It was the browsing through catalogs and online sites and finding things like this:




That just did it for Mr S and I - okay the color of the wedding wasn't so much of a big deal to him as long as I didn't make him wear pink...and OMG like I would ever do that!

This evening as I was putting together my Pink Inspiration Board, I began to feel like Julia Robert's character in Steel Magnolias, sitting in that salon chair and saying "Pink is my signature color". And it most certainly is!

2 comments:

Michelle Bowman said...

Well, I have to say, your addiction to pink is less obtrusive than mine, as I'm trying to make Mike wear a Pink striped tie!!!

Anonymous said...

Pink is also my signature, obsessive color. My husband just deals with it, but every once in a while says something! My clothes, my toothbrush, camera, etc. Same thing! He laughs at how many different shades of pink hang in my closet!